Please remember to call in your child's absence every day they are out.
You can call our 24-hr message line at (831) 475-0111 ext 300.
Every Day Counts!
Students who miss class, miss out on learning. Except in the case of illness, many school absences can be avoided with a little extra effort. Help your child learn, build lasting friendships, and develop the skills and attitudes needed to become a good citizen and valuable member of community.
- Get your child to school on time, every day and make sure homework assignments are complete.
- Give your child enough time to get ready for school in the morning. Try preparing lunches, packing school bags and laying out clothing the night before.
- Make sure your child exercises, eats a balanced diet, and gets plenty of sleep. This will help him or her to be mentally and physically ready to learn, while strengthening their immune system.
- Allow your child to stay home only when he or she has a contagious illness, has a fever, or is too sick to attend.
- Follow the proper school guidelines for reporting excused absences in a timely manner.
- Approximately 90% of our school district general purpose revenue is derived from student attendance. Each day your student is absent means fewer resources will be available for your child's classroom.
- When your student attends for ANY part of the day, he or she is marked present for the entire day, which means more resources for your school and more learning opportunities.
- Extended vacations, long weekends and frequent doctor appointments scheduled during school hours will cause your child to fall behind in class.
- Being in school every day raises your child's ability to score well on important tests throughout the year.